We love to travel. It’s one of my most favorite things to do, and we do it often. There are so many places I’d love to explore for the first time, and another large handful of places that I can’t wait to go back to or take Craig to for the first time. Being the list-maker that I am, it makes sense that I should create a travel bucket list to keep track of all the adventures I’m going to take one day! It’ll be fun to cross them off one by one and add more as we go. Where in the world is on your travel bucket list?
1) Drive the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to San Diego in a convertible.
2) Go whale watching in San Diego on a Navy SEAL Rigid Inflatable Boat.
3) Hike to the top of Stone Mountain, just outside of Atlanta
(this should have been done a long time ago given that we’ve lived here since 2006!).
4) Hike the Grand Canyon.
5) See the El Arco de Cabo San Lucas (Lands End) — DONE, August 2013
6) See the La Sagrada Familia and all of Antoni Gaudí’s work in Barcelona, Spain.
7) Take Craig to Cinque Terre and hike between the 5 towns. Most gorgeous place I’ve ever been.
8) Pet a Kangaroo in Australia.
11) Ride in a hot air balloon in Arizona or New Mexico. — doing this in April 2014!
12) Tube down the river and play in Austin, TX with friends.
13) Revisit (and take Craig to) Innsbruck, Austria, where I studied abroad in college.
15) Maybe we could swing a trip to Maui more easily? Our family went when I was in high school, but I’d take any opportunity to go back!
16) See the tulip fields and take a boat tour of the canals in Amsterdam.
18) Go on an African safari.
17) Stay at the Biltmore during the holidays — and check out all of the amazing food in Asheville!
18) Spend a weekend in Savannah and do a “slow ride” tour. How have we never been there?