Sausage balls are my go-to contribution for football tailgates and gatherings. I love the salty, spicy, savory taste – especially hot out of the oven. Here’s a quick recipe to whip up for your next weekend party, brunch, or tailgate!
– 2 lb pork sausage
– 2 cups bisquick
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 teaspoons pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. in a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients. with your hands It may take several minutes of mixing to completely integrate the flower and cheese with the meat.
3. Grease 3 baking sheets. Scoop out small portion and roll into 1″ ball. Repeat until mix is gone. My batch made approx. 45 sausage balls.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.