For those of us who call ATL home, we know that it plays host to a large variety of some of the most amazing restaurants in the country — from order-at-the-counter types like Taqueria del Sol and Antico Pizza to fancy-schmancy types like Bacchanalia. I currently have a running list on my phone of probably 75-100 restaurants that we like to go to and/or want to check out. And according to this article on Atlanta Eater, it looks like the restaurant scene here is just going to keep getting better this year and into 2015. Looks like my list is about to get a little bit longer…. here are some of the new and “coming soon” places I’m most excited about.
1. MAX’s Wine Dive:: Their slogan is “Fried Chicken and Champagne?…Why the hell not?!” — and their menu includes fried chicken dishes, a grilled cheese, “haute” dogs, pulled pork peppers, and of course, lots of wine. They’re set to open in Midtown in May. I’ll be there.
2. Amelie’s French Bakery:: This Charlotte, NC-based bakery will be coming to West Midtown. I’m looking forward to coconut macaroons, chocolate croissants, French baguette sandwiches, and quiche. Yum!
3. The Pig and the Pearl:: This combo of smokehouse and raw bar will open in Atlantic Station this year — I’m looking forward to some more non-chain options over there. They don’t appear to have a website yet, and I couldn’t find much info on their facebook page…. but the idea sounds good.
4. Shake Shack:: My old coworker is OBSESSED with this establishment, so I can’t wait to try out the burgers, fries, and shakes when it makes its way to Buckhead this year. Started in NYC, Shake Shack is a modern take on the roadside burger stand and is known for its beef burgers, flat-top dogs, fresh-made frozen custard, and more. YUM.
5. Superica:: You know that if Ford Fry has a hand in it, it’s going to be a hit. He and chef Kevin Maxey are opening a “Mex-Tex” restaurant at the highly anticipated Krog Street Market that will feature with casual fare (tamales, tacos, margaritas,etc.) and a big patio.
6. Bar Meatball:: Lotsa’ meatballs… and ice cream sandwiches… and margaritas? What? Those things don’t really mix, but I’m still interested. It replaces Pozole in the Virginia Highlands and is already open for business. I plan to be there next weekend.
7. Sprinkles Cupcake ATM:: Really??!! My dream has come true, and it’s already open at Lenox Mall — 24 hours a day. Good thing we don’t live closer.
What new places around ATL are you looking forward to trying?