Happy October, friends! Leaves are starting to change, pumpkins and scarecrows are making their way onto front porches and lawns, pumpkin spice everything is being consumed…. if only it would cool off just a bit more here in Atlanta, and it would officially feel like fall. I’ve been following some new bloggers lately, and I’ve been introduced to some pretty great products that I wanted to share with y’all. Enjoy!
1. Sole Society Booties:: I had been in the market for a great pair of booties for fall when this post from popped up in my news feed. The Chelsa Bootie from Sole Society was recommended as an all-around great shoe, and I was pretty excited to find out that I’d get 20% off my first purchase on the website. The fit is great, they’re super comfy, and they have a few different color options. I think I’m going to get tons of wear out of these this fall and winter.
2. Clarisonic:: Now I realize this is no new thing, but I just love mine so much, I wanted to share. I’d had my eye on it for a while, and Craig surprised me with the Mia 2 earlier this year. Since the day I got it, I’ve used it religiously (meaning every night), and I am really happy with the results thus far. I felt like my skin was never clean enough from face wash alone, and this guys really does the trick. I love that the brush has an internal timer so that no part of your face is scrubbed too excessively. It’s super easy to travel with, and they offer several different types of brushes and cleansers for different needs and skin types.
3. Painted Earth Skin Care:: I just recently learned about this Roswell, GA skincare company, which was founded as an alternative to pore-clogging, chemical-filled skincare products. They offer organic, natural, and non-toxic products… that actually work! I was interested in the Vitamin C Face Serum, but the bottle was almost $100. Thankfully, they offer smaller samples for a minimal price, so I ordered one to try it out. I also got the Boo Boo Gel, which is great for blemishes, small cuts and burns, bug bites… you name it. I’ve been using it for about a week now, and have already seen results. I’m happy I’ve found a great skin care line that I can feel safe using.
4. Circle Skirt:: My favorite blogger, Jessica of Little Baby Garvin, posted about the black and white version of this pleasted circle skirt a few weeks ago, and I immediately went to Target to find it. Of course Target likes to crush hopes dreams by never keeping the best items in stock for more than 24 hours, so that guy was long gone. BUT — I did find the black one, and I love it. It’s a really nice, structured fit, but the waist is super stretchy and comfy. I paired with a silky hot pink top for a wedding recently and plan to wear it with chambray this fall.
5. Britt Bass Turner Artwork:: I cannot help but sing “all about that bass” every time I see this local Atlanta artist’s name. I bet she’s really over that song by now. I am a new fan of Britt Bass’s abstract paintings, and I just love the beautiful colors and whimsy in her work. She sells large canvases, but for those on more of a budget, she offers print versions as well — and really cute pillows, notebooks, coasters, and phone cases to boot! She’s also now offering something called a Studio Sesh, which is a day-long painting workshop where participants experiment with different types of materials, hone in on their personal style, and hear about Britt’s process for her work. I’d love to do something like this one day with a friend!