Who else is ready to welcome in Spring?! I’m so ready for warmer weather and sunshine after all this rain here in Atlanta. With having a small baby at home, I don’t always get out of the house as much as I used to every day, so nice weather is key to at least getting in a good stroll with Leighton.
1. Try a few new restaurants from March through May. My sweet mom is always willing to babysit Leighton so we can have regular date nights, which we so appreciate. It’s really nice to go out together for a couple hours every week or so, and I just love trying new places… we can barely keep up with all the great options around Atlanta! (update: ‘Cue BBQ, Taco Cantina, Seven Lamps, Porch Light Latin Kitchen, Zama Mexican, Paces & Vine)
2. Visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s newest Chihuly in the Garden exhibit with my mom!
3. Revamp the living room to better suit our baby needs, which means finding a softer ottoman/coffee table as well as a larger rug to give Leighton a larger, safer place to play on the main floor. (update: DONE!)
4. Take more walks at the Beltline and nearby trails, have picnics in the park, and visit farmer’s markets on weekends… and just enjoy the spring weather with Leighton as much as possible.
5. Celebrate Leighton’s first Easter with Craig’s family in Nashville. I’m almost done helping the Easter bunny find fun things for her basket and I have the most beautiful little dress for church, which I’m so excited about! (update: DONE!)
6. Go to a wine tasting and check out a local brewery on one of our date nights/days.
7. Participate in a weekly class at The Music Class with Leighton. We’re signed up for a 10-week session that I hope we’ll both love! (update: DONE!)
8. Take a trip in April with Craig, Leighton, and my mom down to our family’s beach house in St. Augustine (which we missed out on last year). This will be Leighton’s first trip to the beach, and I can’t wait!! (update: DONE!)
9. Finish up the last round of painting in the house. We’re going to update the main floor to a light grey, and we plan to paint the guest bathroom, as well as update the fixtures. I can’t wait to finally rid our house of all the beige!